Managing User Permissions in Self Service Dashboards
👤 This documentation is intended for Administrators.
Note: Self Service Dashboards is an additional feature. Site administrators can contact their Account Manager for additional information.
Sisense licenses three categories of roles:
- Admin: Administrators can access the Admin page where all system configuration, data sources, users, user groups and more can be managed. Sisense supports multiple Administrators.
- Data Admin: Data Administrators can manage all data sources in the system. They have access to the Admin page where they can only manage live connections.
- Data Designer: Data Designers can create and edit live models they created or were shared with them. Data Designers can access the Admin page where they can manage the live Connections they have access to in the Data Sources page.
- Designer: Designers can create, design, edit and share dashboards. Sisense Designers determine whether the user with who they share a dashboard has editing rights (Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewer: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections and filter the dashboards that Designers share with them. They cannot create new dashboards or edit existing ones.
Adding or Editing User roles
To edit or add User Roles, navigate to the Admin tab -> User Management